- Warner Bros. Suspended Animation
- Hand Signed by Chuck Jones
- (2) Hand Painted Limited Edition Animation Cel
- Edition 750
- Certificate of Authenticity From Linda Jones Enterprices
- 1994 - Edition Sold Out
Le Pursuit Pepe LePew and Kitty Limited Edition Cel Suite #415/750 (Warner Brothers, 1994). Hand-painted, limited edition of two cels of Pepe Le Pew on one, and Kitty on another. Created from original drawings by Chuck Jones. The edition on these large images was 750 and this is #313 of that edition. Chuck Jones has hand-signed the cel of Pepe. The images are approximately 6" x 8". A Linda Jones seal and and original Letter of Authenticity are included.
Warner Bros. Cartoons, Inc. was the in-house division of Warner Bros. during the Golden Age of American animation. One of the most successful animation studios in American media history, it was primarily responsible for the Looney Toons and Merrie Melodies theatrical cartoon short subjects. The characters featured in these cartoons, including Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Sylvester and Tweety, are among the most famous and recognizable characters in the world. Many of the creative staff members at the studio, including directors and animators such as Chuck Jones, Friz Freleng, Robert McKimson, Tex Avery, Robert Clampett, Arthur Davis and Frank Tashlin, are considered major figures in the art and history of traditional animation.
The Warner animation division was founded in 1933 as Leon Schlesinger Productions, an independent company which produced the popular Looney Toons and Merrie Melodies animated short subjects for release by Warner Bros. Pictures. In 1944, Schlesinger sold the studio to Warner Bros., who continued to operate it as Warner Bros. Cartoons, Inc. until 1963. Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies were briefly subcontracted to Freleng's DePatie-Frelend Enterprises studio from 1964 until 1967. The Warner Bros. Cartoons studio briefly re-opened in 1967 before shutting its doors for good two years later.
A successor company, Warner Bros. Animation, was established in 1980. (from Wikipedia)